Tuesday 23 July 2013

Me and Glandular Fever - 2 years later

When I wrote my original blog on me and glandular fever back in November 2011, I wasn't sure what was coming next but I was optimistic that I would recover. 

Over a year and a half since that blog, and over two years since I contracted glandular fever, I am sad to say that I have not yet recovered to my pre-glandular fever health. 

Since the last blog, I have managed to perform well in my job in London which proves that the effects of glandular fever do not necessarily prevent you from fulfilling your potential. However, carrying on working whilst trying to recover from glandular fever was a big mistake. I should have taken as much time off as was necessary back in 2011 to get right, as I believe that my failure to take care of me properly then has resulted in an extended fight with illness now. 

This does not need to happen to you - please don't be naively optimistic like me, believing you'll be OK. Take the time now; rest, recuperate, read everything you can on natural remedies and believe you'll get better. But make sure you have as little stress in your life as possible. 

Oh, and see glandular fever as a warning sign. If you have contracted glandular fever in your late twenties or thirties it is most likely because you have not been taking care of yourself. A poor diet, too much stress at work, not enough exercise, all of these things can contribute to you being generally 'run-down'. And if your immune system becomes compromised in any way, you get ill. Glandular fever is nasty, but it won't kill you. A compromised immune system is not, however, going to fight off more serious illnesses. If you are not taking care of you, there's a whole range of problems that you may face as a result. 

So take the time now to adjust your lifestyle.  

It has taken me this long to recognise this fact. Yes, I made changes, but I didn't do enough.  I have finally resigned my London job. I have two months off before I start my next job - outside of London. It's a challenge to leave a well-paid job in London, but my health comes first. 

The turning point for me was realising that I now have chronic fatigue. For a long time after contracting glandular fever I couldn't eat properly and was hugely malnourished. I tried certain natural remedies - which worked to an extent - but then I found myself with GERD. Following that, I started to become allergic to things I had never been allergic to - such as our pet cat. I now have chronic inflammation of my Eustachian tubes, which I can assure you is enough to make you go crazy! I also have problems with my breathing - most likely asthma - but I've had a bronchoscopy (tube into the lungs) to see what was causing my breathing difficulties and biopsies of my lungs were taken. 

Oh and one bizarre thing to mention, I needed to get my glasses changed more regularly following glandular fever. Due to the virus and the fatigue, I had prisms inserted in the lenses to help my eyes focus. After a while, my eyes would need the prisms less and less as I got over the glandular fever.  

And this is a good time to point out that I am over the glandular fever. It's the stuff that a run-down body has been susceptible to that is causing me so many issues today. Today, it's the breathing problems and the chronic fatigue that are making things tricky for me. 

Chronic fatigue is literally that, fatigue that has lasted for a period of time. Mine has lasted for two years. But it has become worse recently. My muscles in my legs ache when I walk. I have no stamina in my arms or legs. My muscles cramp when I least expect it - all signs that my body has had enough and is a ready for a rest! 

I guess what I'm saying is, whatever you do, don't be like me and let it get like this. Take positive action straight away and recover more quickly. If I had done that I'd probably be fine now not giving glandular fever a second thought. So please don't make my mistakes. 

Good luck and keep praying! God is listening. 














1 comment:

  1. I am very much happy to share to every viewers that is reading this,I want to inform the whole public of how I got help for my herpes, I wanted this since 6 months ago, I have also taken treatment from some doctor,few weeks back I came on the net to see if I will be able to get any information as to cure my herpes, on my search I saw various testimony of people who was helped by a great man called Dr Akhigbe and without any hesitation, I contacted him, I wrote to him and and he guided me, I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me and indeed 3 weeks after I started using the medicine, I was completely happy as it worked for me.I went to the hospital for check up and indeed I was declared negative from my disease, and I also waited again for two weeks and went back to another hospital for check up to be fully sure and to my great surprise I was still declared negative, and I decided to share this great opportunity to those people out there fighting this sickness, You can contact him now for your medicine to cure your diseases, contact his Email; drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or Whatsapp +2348142454860. website. hpps:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

    Dr Akhigbe also cure diseases like..
    HiV
    Herpes
    Cancer
    Chronic Disease
    Asthma
    Als
    Heart Disease
    Diabetes. etc
    contact him for your solution

    ReplyDelete